We’ve pulled together the top 50 things to do at Lake Eufaula, OK! Add this collection of must see and do activities to your summer bucket list or spread it out through the whole year.
- Grab a day pass to Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park and swim your heart out in the sparkling pool, play a round of miniature golf or hit the lake to enjoy the kayaks, paddleboards and water inflatables.
- Stop by Lake Trash Treatz for a refreshing icy treat that will surely rock your world. The Yeti is a local fav; be sure to “make it dirty” to enjoy cheesecake and ice cream with your snowcone!
- Plan a trip to the Nature Center at Lake Eufaula State Park and check out the Frogatorium. Be sure to check their schedule of events to catch a Dutch Oven Class or Feather Painting.
- Swing by Last Stop off Texanna Road and pick up the must-have vittles for your lake picnic. Then cruise over to the Pavilion at Eufaula Cove and watch all the happenings at the water’s edge.
- Profess your love at the Love Lock Fountain at Lake Eufaula State Park and attach an engraved lock at the fountain and throw away the key.
- Giddyup! You won’t want to miss a guided horseback ride through the trails at Arrowhead State Park.
- Grab a selfie with the big fish statue at Lake Eufaula Marina.
- Boat over to the amphitheater at Lake Eufaula State Park for a great Sunday church service.
- Take a day hike and pick wildflowers at Arrowhead State Park.
- Improve your swing and hit some golf balls at Fountainhead Creek Golf Course.
- Take a quick trip to Krebs to experience Little Italy at Pete’s Place and Lovera’s Market.
- Grab a flight of craft beers at Prairie 345 while you’re down that way!
- Retail therapy to the rescue at Harper & Grey House in Downtown McAlester; truly some unique finds.
- Plan a day trip to Robber’s Cave; the Fall Festival in October never disappoints.
- Play a round of frisbee golf at Lake Eufaula State Park and stop at the marina for a slice of pizza.
- Get ready to snag a mess of crappie at Area 51 Marina and enjoy the enclosed fishing dock for your year-round catch.
- Catch a Poker Run in June or July and test your luck for some awesome cash prizes.
- Be sure to swing by Whole Hawg Days the last weekend of July and enjoy some of the best hawg sandwiches, car show, rodeo, carnival and so much more.
- During the fall, it’s the perfect time to catch Eufaula’s own Friday Night Lights & the Homecoming Parade is one for the books.
- Watching the annual firework display over Lake Eufaula will make for a night to remember.
- Be sure to mark your calendars for the annual Christmas Boat Parade and help kick off the Christmas season at the lake.
- Lay out a blanket at the Dam Overlook and read a book while listening to the water releasing at the Dam.
- Watch the bald eagles at the Dam as they swoop over the open water for their dinner and fly majestically over the area as they nest.
- People watch at the Dam while fishermen catch a huge variety of fish downstream and maybe even get to see a prehistoric spoonbill be snagged.
- Take a break from playing on the water and grab a fantastic burger at Dobber’s Roadhouse.
- Bring your buckets, shovels and rakes and make a day of building sandcastles at Sissy Beach in Longtown.
- Rent an RV and fully experience lake camping at No. 9 Campgrounds.
- Plan a romantic weekend at Calico Heights cabins and watch the sunsets over Lake Eufaula while enjoying your favorite glass of wine.
- Enjoy a boat ride over to Mama Tig’s Wood-Fired Pizza @ Carlton Landing to grab dinner and stargaze for hours after dusk.
- Plan a girls trip to the lake and be sure to schedule a facial at Lake Day Spa to get in that much-needed R&R.
- Jet ski over to Belle Starr Marina for a sweet ice cream treat to cool off on those hot summer days.
- You won’t want to miss staying in a yurt at Lake Eufaula State Park to fully experience glamping.
- Grab a cocktail and a delicious bite at Island Xtreme Bar & Grill down at Eufaula Cove Marina and be sure to feed the fish.
- Stop off for live music and a good time at Xtreme Amphitheater.
- You’ll want to catch the annual BARKtoberfest in October and get to enjoy food trucks, live music, pet adoptions, pumpkin patch-all for you and your four-legged friends at the lake.
- Need a spiritual boost, plan to catch a service at one of the many churches that Lake Eufaula has to offer.
- Pack a lunch and cruise out to Peter’s Point to watch the boats port and feed the ducks.
- Create your own farm-to-table experience and stop by Barrow Berries to pick blackberries for the perfect cobbler to complete the meal.
- Take a stroll down along the water’s edge around Eufaula Cove on Lakeshore Drive to burn some calories.
- You may not find your Prince Charming but you’re sure to catch a kiss from a frog at the Eufaula Wetland Park.
- Hang out under the shade trees and devour a gourmet dog at Papa Joe’s Brats & Beers food truck where you’re sure to enjoy one of everything on the menu.
- Don’t forget that much needed retail therapy at all the shops on Main Street in Downtown Eufaula.
- Get your four-legged friend a spa day at Bark N Bubbles.
- Book a tour of the Kiwi Farm and learn all there is to know about this fuzzy fruit and the gift shop has all kinds of goodies including kiwi soaps.
- Be sure to sign the kiddos up for the Summer Reading program at Eufaula Memorial Library or check their calendar for Eufaula’s Got Talent, a night packed full of entertainment.
- Enjoy a nature walk through Belle Starr Park in the Fall to watch the leaves change colors and cooler temps. If you are planning a fall trip, check out our complete fall list!
- You’ll want to catch the live music on Friday and Saturday nights at Plumb Theater: Home of the Longtown Opry.
- Want to take a break from the sun, stop by Eufaula Area Arts Council on Main Street to check out all their amazing art on display and sign up for a class.
- Cool off with a sweet slice of watermelon at the Eufaula Farmer’s Market open on Saturdays in the summer or stop by Bailey’s Family Farm.
- Lil Gladys’ Farm & Pumpkin Patch is worth the short drive where the kids are free to roam, pet the miniature donkeys and play pumpkin tic-tac-toe.
And bonus, check out our list of hotspots in Lake Eufaula!
There are so many fun, enriching activities in our community, it’s impossible to list them all. If we didn’t include one of your favorites, we’d love to hear from you. Feel free to contact us.