Lake Eufaula is a boater’s paradise with something for everyone. Whether you are cruising around the lake, fishing, skiing like a pro, or just relaxing on the water, boating at the lake is a great way to make memories of a lifetime. Come and soak up the sun, water, and of course the amazing vibes.
If you are looking for info on boating and things to do while boating on Lake Eufaula, we’ve put together this list to help you out.
Choose Your Vessel
There’s a lot of options if you want to get out on the water. Here are some things you might want to know about boating on the lake before you go:
- If you don’t own a boat, you can rent one from one of the local marinas.
Nine Marina, Evergreen Marina, Fountainhead Marina, and Xtreme Cove Marina rent jet skis, pontoons, ski boats, or even houseboats. Check their websites for more info and rates.
- When you’re out on the water, you’ll need certain equipment. These items include life jackets for every passenger, a sound-producing device, and a fire extinguisher. The Oklahoma Boating Regulations Handbook has more information on required equipment.
- The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation website lists boating laws and safety tips. It’s a good idea to check them out before heading out on the water.
Just remember…safety first! Now that you have a good idea of the rules and regs, it’s time to get out on the lake!
Once you are out on the water, make a plan to explore! Here are some things you can do by boat:
- Visit some of the sandy beaches and campgrounds such as Belle Starr, Elm Point, or Porum Landing. We love these areas for relaxing, sunbathing, picnicking, or playing in the water. There are also restrooms and picnic areas nearby.
- Explore some of the coves on the lake. There are secluded and scenic spots where you can enjoy the natural beauty and wildlife of the lake. You might even spot deer, raccoons, squirrels, eagles, ospreys, and herons that call this area home.
- Join one of the events and activities on the lake, such as fishing tournaments, poker runs, fireworks shows, or music festivals. These are held throughout the year and a great way to meet new people.
- Check out some of the marinas for snacks, fishing supplies, and fuel up to keep the fun going. Some of them even have restaurants, bars, shops, and entertainment venues if you are looking for something different.
We have put together a map of the lake to help guide you on your adventures.
Cast Your Line
Hoping to catch your limit? Here’s our favorite things about fishing here:
- It’s known as the “Bass Fishing Capital of the World” with a reputation for producing big bass and big stringers. In fact, anglers come from all over in hopes of catching their biggest bass!
- There are a lot of species of other fish you can catch. From crappie to catfish to sunfish, there’s always something biting.
- Different fish means different techniques and bait. Try trolling, jigging, drifting, or anchoring, and fish with live bait, artificial lures, or flies. If you love to fish, you’ll love testing these waters.
- The lake has so many different areas to explore, you are sure to find some new favorite spots. Maybe you’ll even catch your dream fish!
For more fishing info, check out our blog on more of our favorite fishing tips.
With 800+ miles of shoreline, there’s so much to do on Lake Eufaula. From epic waterskiing, wakeboarding, or tubing with family and friends to relaxing and soaking up the sun.The possibilities are endless! Life here is an everyday adventure, especially if you love to get out on the water.
If you are hoping to make Lake Eufaula your home (or home away from home,) contact our team, and we’ll help you find the perfect fit!